🌟 Achievement unlocked - April 2019
Wisdom teeth and food again
Just before writing this, I was:
Cooking dinner (lamb and mushrooms and snow peas 😋)
This path month, I achieved:
- 🚴♂️ Joined in a company-wide spin class to raise funds for victims of the recent New Zealand terrorist attacks
- 😱 Got my wisdom teeth out
- 🦞 Purchased and cooked Moreton Bay bugs over the Easter long weekend; this involved getting up at 5am to go buy the bugs from the local fish markets!
- 💸 Donated some funds to a veterans charity for Anzac Day
- 🧩 Bootstrapped a few little toy applications, and played around with WebComponents for the first time since Polymer 2.0
- ⚒️ Started writing some code to grok my commute times over time (and learnt about RxJS in the process!)
- 🍴 Cooked brunch with some good friends and bonded over the shared experience of cooking awesome food (thanks [Ottolenghi] for the recipes!)
This month, I was reading:
- The New Silk Roads
- Linchpin by Seth Godin
This month, I couldn’t stop listening to:
- FIDLAR’s back catalogue
- Billie Eilish 😓
- The First Time - Nicotine’s Famous Honey
Today, something that made me happy was:
Working from home this morning and jamming on some bugs with the windows open and the breeze coming in 🐛 ☀️
Today, something I could’ve done better was:
Being more clear in communications with others.
Tomorrow, I’m going to:
Bike ride to work!!
In May, I’m looking forward to:
- 📕 Reading the book I was waiting for last month 😂
- 🤑 Paying off some debt I owe currently to my parents
- 🤔 Working with RxJS more on some side projects I have in mind
- 🎵 Seeing Broods live
- 😍 A local suburb-wide garage sale
- 🥳 Eurovision
- Hopefully getting my full license, finally
- 🐶 Helping the bf housesit his dog
In May, I’m going to make the positive change of:
Reflecting on some of the experiences I’ve been having lately, and focussing less on money and more on what money enables me to do.
One thing on my to-do list is:
Clean out the top of my cupboard where I’ve been leaving a bunch of boxes from products I’ve bought.
I used to believe in keeping them, but after reading The Life-Changing Magic Of Tidying, I’ve come to think that they’re rarely actually that valuable or useful.
One happy photo from the past month is:
Brunch time! 😋
After publishing this post, I’m going to:
Watch some TV or something equally mind numbing - it’s been a long day 💤